While we do not receive a Parenting Manual when our children are born, and we are essentially all Learner Drivers, this Parenting Road Code is designed to enhance the innate skills you already have as a parent. As a Defensive Driving Course is to an existing driver, this online training will give you a toolkit to support you to be the best and most confident parent you can be.
This course will be useful for people thinking about becoming parents, new parents, parents in the middle of lots to do, grandparents, early childhood teachers, social workers, in fact anyone who wants to support children to grow to be competent and wonderful human beings.
In this self-directed course you will have time to think about what you want as a parent.
There are eight modules to the tool kit.
- Goals that you have for yourself, your children, and your parenting partner(s) if they are around.
- Strengths that you have as a parent and
- Values that you wish to maintain and teach your family.
- Child development and the developmental tasks that children face as they grow.
- A framework for your role as a parent
- Structure in the family.
- A tool for you to help you manage different parenting approaches to any given situation.
- Review and Conclusion.