It is tough being a parent in todays’ world with coping with all that is thrown at you to be a wonderful parent – In this age of overindulgence it is hard to support children to learn basic life lessons that will assist them to become likeable, responsible, respectful and overall competent members of your family and our society. So you will be parenting against the tide and parenting against the tide may require new skills for you to learn as an adult and as a parent.
Do you have a child (no matter what the age 0 – 50 years) who has trouble:
- learning how to delay gratification
- giving up status as the constant centre of attention
- being competent in everyday skills, self-care skill and skills relating to others,
- taking personal responsibility,
- developing a sense of personal identity
- knowing what is enough or
- what is “normal” for others?
What these children have experienced (according to 10 studies) is the impact of overindulgence. Overindulgence can occur at all levels of the social structure.
Contact Madeleine for help, advice and/or for more information